Vietnam in-country workshop – ACCC
Showcasing our earlier work series.
The HR Landscape was fortunate to support the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) in the design and facilitate of a three day in-country workshop to raise awareness and skills related to the selection, development and delivery of in-house training for regulators from ASEAN member states in Nha Trang, Vietnam.
The goal of the ACCC workshop was to provide attendees with a good understanding of the basic elements and benefits of in-house training, including how to identify and assess training needs and delivery mechanisms.
The workshop had the following objectives:
- Increase understanding of training resource requirements including identifying and assessing training needs in an agency
- Increase understanding of knowledge management including tools and techniques to implement a knowledge management and/or transfer system
- Raise awareness about the different methods of in-house training and how to know when to use each method (eg on the job vs external, mentoring programs, staff induction, secondments etc)
- Raise awareness of the challenges in developing and delivering in-house training and tools to help mitigate these challenges
- Exchange knowledge and experience in the area of training from within ASEAN and Australia and New Zealand
- Identify follow-up activities stemming from the workshop for implementation
- Strengthen and contribute to the implementation of a strong policy and enforcement framework within the ASEAN region
Our role was to develop content and facilitate the workshop in Vietnam and provide the ACCC a platform for continued learning for ASEAN member states in Nha Trang, Vietnam on the benefits of in-house training for regulators.
The program was a great success, setting a high quality for future programs.